Get involved in our Young Equestrian Skills Rider Development program!
Open to all ages and abilities you can get involved in just 3 easy steps!
Our Young Equestrian Skills program is run in accordance with Equestrian Australia guidelines and principles.
Our "YES" Rider Development Program offers participants innovative training options with high-quality coaching both on and off their horses together with the chance to have a lot of fun and form friendships for life.
The aim of the program is to help riders develop training and competition knowledge and skills to further their development as an athlete. Riders of all ages and levels are welcome.
We run a series of squad training days focussing on increasing the skill level of our riders. Riders will be put into groups of similar abilities. Squads will be held over the year covering a variety of disciplines including Dressage, Showjumping, Cross country, Showing, Working Hunter, Ground control, Long Reining and more!
Children under 14 must have at lease one adult present on the day.
How much does it cost?
There are 3 parts to the cost
- Young Equestrian Skills is open to all financial members of the Kings Park Equestrian Club (regardless of age)
- An annual fee of $160 is payable per calendar year and includes your uniform of riding shirt, saddlecloth and ear bonnet. Active kids vouchers can be used to offset the annual fee.
- Each training session cost will vary depending on the activity, however, an average group lesson will be $50 including ground levy.
Do I need to bring my own horse?
Yes you do, Young Equestrian Skills is about developing the skill level of horse/rider combinations, you need to bring your own horse to our training days. If you do not own your own horse you can:
- Join our Kings Park Pony Club days
- Book a private lesson on a school pony.